Monday, September 10, 2007

Accident on the AYE

Its raining again this morning, well usually I like the rain, but somehow, I don't really like to drive in the rain.

Anyway, this morning as my usual route was jammed quite badly, I decided to go by a diffrent way. As I was exiting yuan ching exit to AYE, just on my right lane, about 10 meters in front of me, a motorbike skidded and the rider fell.

Problem was that he skidded in the wrong place and the wrong time. He skidded in front of one of those huge trucks that moves earth(soil), those that you see at construction sites. Being so big and having lots of inertia, the driver had no chance to stop in time.

I saw the motor bike and rider go under the truck. The bike got spat out towards its left and hurled in front of my lane and the rider came out the back. The moment I saw the accident my instincts took over, I braked and let everything happened infront of me and made sure I was not a part of the accident.

I drove past the wreckage and the rider with caution, making sure not to make a bad situation worse. I got Lil miss whiny to call the emergency number rite after that. Though we both hope that the rider survived the ordeal, inmy mind, after seeing how his body was contorted, I got this bad feeling that his chances are very slim.

To think that with this day and age, that we are so exposed to all the hollywood productions, that were are used to seeing car crashes, sparks flying and people dying. Yet when that becomes a reality, so how its hard to accept that what just transpired did happen.

Its not the rider's fault, its not the truck driver's fault either, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I beleived that the rider might have skidded off either the lane markers or the arrows on the road, as these white painted markings are very slippery when wet, and its a very wet day.

So for all those riders out there, remember to be cautions of the markings on the road when the weather is wet.