Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just my luck

Often we think that going to watch a movie is a simple affair, you get your tix, you find your seat, plok down and watch a movie in a comfortable theatre. But dun forget that murphy will be at every corner getting read to bite you when he can.

Ok all I wanted to do was to watch a simple movie, namely priates of the caribbean 2, upon entring the theatre and finding my row, the 2 seat which I book had ppl sittingnext to it on both sides. Fine sqeeze in thats all, but on my side of teh seat next to me sat this bigger sized woman. Ok i have nothing against bigger sized woman, the only thing I had a problem was, that this woman was big enuff to occupy 1 and a half seat and instead of booking a seat that is towards the side where she will have free reign in terms of space, she had to book one next to the middle seats and try to take both arm rest for herself.

Later on this family of 6 + 1(maid) came sitting right behind me, it was a family of 3 five yr olds( or so ) and a toddler, who teh hell brings 5 yr olds to watch pirates of the caribbean? It is not a kiddy show and most of the time the kids were either asking wad is going one, had no clue abt the show thru start to move ard and started to fight over a cup of drink. Which I have had it up till that point, turned ard and shoosh the lil farker. The parents( whom definitely were of no good up bringing too as they did not do anything to control their kids ) just sat there not even embarrased by their actions.

Then the lady next to me, you know th big one, kept on puching her arm into my space. Not only the whole arm rest was now her jurisdiction, she pushed on to have her elbow pushing against me. I of course push back, but this cheebye, felt that she had paid more than I did for teh seat and decided that she shuld have 1 and a half seats instead. I hate to make a scene in this kind of situation, thus after puching her back and she not relenting, I gave up and move closer to miss whiny, incidently she thought that I shld have made a commotion and push the fat farker all teh way back into her seat, but I digress.

The last thing is that for some reason, golden village sets the aircon to a certain number of ppl in the hall, thus if you exceed that number of ppl in the hall that nite, the room turns into an instant sauna with a movie screen. why can't the system know that the theatre is going to be full and thus turn the air con up a notch, cost savings I guess.