Monday, July 24, 2006

What have I been busy with

Lately I have been busy with a new hobby, well not quite new, but an extension of my current hobby, which is flying radio controlled planes. I recently got to know this group of ppl whom run radio controlled tanks and conduct war games. I have always been wanting to have a mini war with my R/C stuff but only recently has it been not just a dream but something that I could really do.

Pershing

These 1/16 scale tanks not only run like their real counterparts but their turrets traverse and guns can be elevated. It does not stop there, there is a comupter in these tanks which mimics the sound of the real tank when you throttle up, turn the turret and even fire the machine gun and main gun.

Pershing

Aside from the mimicry of sound of the tank, adding a battle system allows you to shoot an infra red 'round' at your opponent tanks, those that are equipped with teh same unit when hit but one such round, will cause the tank to sound out as though it got hit by a real round, the LEDs on teh battle system will flash momentary and teh performance of the tank will degrade. Upon enuff hits, the tank with 'explode' or at least make it sound like it did and 'die' for ten seconds.

Pershing

If you had not noticed yet, these are the pics of my tank, I will put up other pics of my friends tanks in the next post to show you how much fun we are having.

Pershing

Edit : All the pics are taken by Lil Miss Whiney with her digital SLR :P